I. Position Information
Post Title : Finance and Grants Manager for Anti-Corruption Program
Duration of contract : One year (with a possible extension of up to the duration of the project )
Supervisor : Deputy Chief of Project
This position is intended for Indonesian citizens only.
II. Organizational Context
KEMITRAAN seeks candidates for the role of Finance and Grants Manager on an anticipated anti-corruption program. This program aims to support Indonesia in corruption prevention efforts, the strengthening of civic engagement, and the strengthening of a culture of integrity, particularly in procurement and licensing in the marine/fisheries and forestry sectors, at national and targeted local levels, through several approaches:
- Providing technical assistance on COI policy frameworks and implementation, supported by new tools to identify COI, and public awareness campaigns that effectively address key factors in the public’s continued participation in corruption.
- Enhancing private sector integrity and anti-corruption engagement through collective action, enhanced capacity to implement anti-corruption safeguards, and increased dialogue with GOI and CSOs.
- Enhancing political transparency through a new campaign finance database, monitoring, and advocacy to increase state subsidies and reporting obligations.
- Improving public access to information, enhancing citizen oversight, and strengthening public ability to demand accountability.
- Enhancing the participation of key communities through an expansion of anticorruption education through formal and informal educational channels, efforts to motivate public participation and engagement, and mechanisms to encourage reporting.
The Finance and Grants Manager will directly report to the DCOP, in charge of ensuring effective financial monitoring and audit, verification of financial reports for payment, the overall administration of procurements, due diligence, and sub-awards management. S/he will also ensure proper cash management and tax administration.
The Finance and Grants Manager is also responsible for effective delivery of financial services, transparent utilization of financial resources, and management of the Finance Unit. S/he analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex financial issues. The Finance and Grants Manager promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with the Partnership’s policies and procedures.
III. Function/ Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensure effective financial monitoring, verification of financial reports for payment, the overall administration of procurements, due diligence, and sub-awards management.
- Ensure proper cash management and tax administration such as timely and accurate
approval of bank reconciliation, including documented review of exceptions.
- Investigate and rectify any detected anomalies or unusual transactions together with KEMITRAAN’s management.
- Lead the issuance of sub-grants in line with donor regulations.
- Preparation of all correspondence and meetings between the Partnership, auditor, and grantees (if needed).
IV. Impact of Results
- Overall efficiency in financial resources management and success in the introduction and implementation of operational strategies.
- Accurate, thoroughly researched, and documented financial information, timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and enhance the Partnership credibility in the use of financial resources.
Corporate Responsibility & teamwork:
- Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of the Partnership
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling professional values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Sets clear performance goals and standards; executes responsibilities accordingly
Partnering & Networking:
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside the Partnership
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals
- Innovation & Judgment
- Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations
- Strives for quality client-centered services (internal/external)
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates good negotiations skills
Job Knowledge & Expertise
- Executes day-to-day tasks systematically & efficiently
- Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource
- Familiar with data warehouse and its maintenance
- Is motivated & demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development & learn
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education : Bachelor’s degree with specialized certification in Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management, or other relevant fields.
Experience : Must have a minimum 7 years of work experience with 3 years in the field of development assistance; including specific experience in public administration issues (experience in an international CSO/NGO is preferred).
Superb analytical and planning skills. Sound knowledge of the USAID financial rules and regulations, and a demonstrated familiarity with the US government financial and reporting systems. Experience managing processing and managing large sub-grant portfolios under the USAID programs required. Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment, and exercise good judgement, even under tight deadlines.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and other supporting documents as required using this link link.kemitraan.or.id/recruitment no later than January 21st 2021. Please see/download the detailed TOR below. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.